Day 6 – Summarize Crime Case Activity
Focus Q – How do you find the linear equation of a table without graphing?
- Have students share back how they arrived at their conclusion
- Challenge students who only found the unit rate way of graphing if they can find a second way.
- Showcase graphing the proportional relationships and hep students to arrive at the idea of graphing the equations in the form of y=b-mx
- Discuss why b-mx makes sense for this problem.
- Students look at tables and try to determine the linear equation of the table.