Volume Of A Cone.
- Begin by showing students the video of the cone pouring water into the cylinder.
- Have them hypothesize at how many cones it takes.
- Show them the 2nd act.
- From here try to have students derive the formula for the volume of a cone based on what we know about cylinders.
- After students successfully find the formula then they can practice several basic cone problems.
- Students will then step up to more complex problems including composite figures with cones and cylinders.