Day 1 – What makes a function, a function.
Focus Question – What is a function?
Bellwork – None due to quiz
This day is supposed to just be review as we went over this standard earlier in the year.
- Go over previous day’s word problem homework.
- Students take quiz on 8.EE.8b
- Have students write down the definition of a Function in notes:
- a rule that assigns exactly one output for every input
- Students will have to make an equation, table and graph that ARE functions and that ARE NOT functions
- They can work on this in groups and should check them
- I will circulate around the room to provide feedback and intervention on the topic where necessary.
Exit Slip – Draw a graph and a table and ask students if they are a function or not.
HW – None