Day 2 – continued practice on visually seeing and determining points of intersection.
Bellwork – find the equation of a graph
Go over homework to review 8.EE.6 retake #3
Take 8.EE.6 retake #3
[finish lesson from yesterday]
- What if Julio runs at half speed. What will the race look like? (Assume no head start for Rich)
- What kind of head start will he need to make it close? To win?
[Day 2 Lesson Start]
- Accurate Method vs. Estimation Method
- “Can you write an equation for each?”
- Graph it using Desmos.com
- “Is the estimation method close enough that it is worth using?”
- “Mathematically, why do the two equations give you close answers?”
- “Will the two equations ever give you the same answer?” “How do you know?”s
- “When do they actually give you the same answer?” Use the graph to prove it. Use math to prove it.
Closure: HW: y=2x+2 and y=3x. At what ordered pair do these two lines intersect. Make a prediction and then graph to see if your prediction is correct or not.