Day 3 – Focusing on the Y-Intercept
Focus Q – What does the “b” in the equation y=mx+b represent?
- Begin by going over the equation comparison paragraph
- Attempt to derive what the b is referencing. Give another example to showcase what b is referencing:
- Ex: I need to rent a car. It costs $25 to reserve a car and then $50 per day. What equation describes this relationship?
- also need examples of negative y-intercept
- students should be able to identify where the y-intercept is on a table, equation and graph