Day 2 – Bringing y=mx to y=mx+b
*Finish the multiple points on a single line. Similar triangles?
Focus Q – What does a linear equation look like when it is not proportional?
This lesson is all about setting up the need for a y-intercept of “b” in the equation.
- Where would the equation y=50x start from?
- When would an equation not start from there? What would that look like?
- Tech Weigh In Rich Task
- Compare direct variation to y=mx+b back to back
- Allow for plenty of time for students to attempt to find the macbook weight.
- Emphasize that this is the starting weight.
- It would helpful to find the weight of 1 iPad.