Day 8 – Review, EE.5 Quiz, and set-up EE.6
- Go over HW packet from day before.
- Students complete the following comparison practice problem:
- Graph y=5x (don’t give them the equation). Give the equation y=4x. Have students find the equation to a relationship that is between the two.
- Quiz: 8EE5quiz [#5 needs changed – the table on the right is not proportional and is not fair to put it on a proportional quiz]
- Students work on the following notes/problem after the quiz:
Based on our definition and examples of direct variation one of the following equations is NOT direct variation.
y=2x+3 | y=(1/2)x
Which one is not direct variation?
Copy and complete the following table for the equation that is not direct variation:
Graph the ordered pairs.
What makes this graph, table, and equation, not a proportional relationship?
Day 8 Reflection:
Students did well on practice review problem.
Quiz is still to be graded.
Students did well on post-quiz activity. 90% chose the right equation. Several had problems making a table. This should probably be reviewed on bell work for next class. Students correctly identified that this equation did not start at the origin and the equation had a +3 making it linear, but not proportional. They had to be reminded about show proportionality through the table by making ratios and show equivalency.